Induction for all
The aim of this introductory course is to improve the understanding and practice of Risk Management leading to better decisions affecting safety and initiating a radical change in safety performance across the company.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to apply new skills and knowledge to their own work location and challenge old ways of thinking about safety and safety risk management.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of GMIRM Risk Management terms and concepts.
- Conduct personal risk assessment using the ‘Stop Look Assess & Manage’ (SLAM) technique.
- Determine whether work should proceed or not based upon the analysis of the adequacy of the controls.
- Communicate this information effectively, whether verbally or written.
- Understand their own personal accountability in relation to safety risk management and how it fits with their role.